I love this pic bc two of my babies, and I think Miles and Kasabian should tour together #jaysharrock #tommeighan #mileskane #kasabian
Awkward Moment!!! WTF!!! I Look Like A Deadpan Fish!!! What’s Wrong With Me!!??!! Tom Meighan Of @kasabianofficial Nuzzling Against Me Ever So Gently!!! Here I Am As Cold As Ice!!! #kasabian #tommeighan #sergiopizzorno #indie #pop #rock #band #music #musician #musicscene #live #livemusic #onstage #style #stylish #fashion #fashionforward #rockstyle #menstyle #mensfashion #la #losangeles #socal #nightlife #afterhours #selfie (at Jimmy Kimmel Live! Alley)
October 8, 2014 - Kasabian at the Wiltern for Entertainment Voice
The video for “Stevie” is my least favorite of all Kasabian videos. Here’s why:
1) It doesn’t have the band in it :D Neither does “Man of Simple Pleasures” (which was formerly my least-favorite Kasabian video, but that was just boring) or “Reason is Treason” which is quite amusing. And maybe I’m disappointed that it’s not the video with Serge and the motorcycle that we were waiting for - I guess that will be “Bow.” But this is the least of my complaints.
2) “Stevie” is my favorite song from 48:13. It’s really powerful. I encounter people like Stevie all the time, and it’s a huge issue. To me, this song is a more powerful social statement than “glass.” So they make a video using a sci-fi scenario to exaggerate a problem that doesn’t need exaggeration. I love science fiction, but honestly, this cheapens the message rather than draw attention to it. We can dismiss it as a horror story instead of realizing that the horror of kids with no hope who have nothing to lose by acting out violently is right under our noses.
3) Also, it’s a trite, overused and predictable science fiction trope. Except maybe the ending was supposed to be an ironic twist…
4) The ending which, as has been pointed out, echoes the ending of “Empire.” Unfortunately, all that does for me is remind me what a great video “Empire” was. Compare confused, exhausted, abused Stevie being felled by the malice of three children to Tom’s iconic salute, his emotion, his bravery in sacrifice for a cause he believed in. The twist ending in “Stevie” is just a cheap way to get us to say “Oh, the humanity!”
5) Children don’t fare very well in Kasabian videos (“Empire,” “Fire”), but do we really want to watch a whole video which is basically a poor little kid being abused?
Bonus demerit: Probably unintentional - The torturers in gas masks remind me of the much better video for “Brain” by Black Onassis - which is really the last thing they want to reference, even by accident.
Actually heard Kasabian on American radio! My computer was so shocked that Firefox crashed as soon as “eez-eh” was over. But now, probably no “Ghostbusters” for another few hours. I’m going to take a shower.
Almost 4 hours of alt_nation…I think my brain is melting…eating Walker’s crisps to invoke Kasabian…
omg alt_nation is ten times worse than BBC1